Would you love the benefits and rehabilitative capabilities of this type of this alternative health care? With the growing population in America turning to Chiropractors for their Natural Health services you may be wondering how to pick the best Chiropractic office to “fit” you! For future Chiropractic patients, it is so vital to understand the proper guidelines for choosing the right Telford Chiropractic Doctor.
I want to share with you the top 5 things you as a future Chiropractic patient should be looking for.
1. The Chiropractor should RESPECT THE PATIENTS TIME!
Have you ever had the experience of showing up on time for a previously scheduled appointment only to find yourself waiting…and waiting…and waiting…for the doctor? We both know how frustrating this can be! In my own opinion this is unacceptable. Of course, things can go wrong in an office, and at times life can jump out at you and throw out unexpected ups and downs. This is the time however to inform the patient that you are running late. In this type of case, I always inform my patients that I am running late and give them the option to reschedule.
The main point here of course is to prevent it from happening in the first place! No person loves waiting! Right? So when you choose a Telford Chiropractor, make sure you are dealing with a doctor who respects the patient’s time as much as his own. In our busy lives, we are all so pressed for time, it is here when it is a comfort knowing that your Chiropractor values and respects your time too!
2. Your Chiropractor should respect your WELL BEING!
When you have something in your health that is clearly wrong and needs to be corrected, it is so important that you are dealing with a Telford Chiropractic Clinic who will tell it to you straight. This is the time that you need a straight shooter. I once went to a dentist who was very nice, but he found some things wrong with me teeth and just seemed too timid to tell me the real extent of the problem. I would much rather a doctor tells me so I can determine and understand all my possible options.
When a patient sees me in my clinic, I promise to respect their well being. This means first and foremost a detailed exam for the patient so we can fully understand the extent of your problem. After that detailed exam, you can trust that I will give it to you straight and leave it up to you to decide how you wish to proceed. Don’t just walk away from a practitioner who will not give you the full report, run. You need to know your options in plain English. If you did not fully catch what was going on, he should be more than happy to help you understand your problem better. When it comes to your pain, to your health, you need solutions and straight conversation. That is one of the first secrets to getting better fast.
3. Try to find Recommendations and Referrals!
In the perfect world, someone telling you of a trusted Chiropractor is the place to start your search for a good Chiropractor. This is not always possible I realize. There are many other ways to find reviews however.
The second best option as mentioned above is to ask your doctor for reviews or letters of recommendation. Often times these types of things will be posted on his or her website. There are multiple other online review sources, such as Google places. If you are looking to find this, just Telford Chiropractic or Telford Chiropractor and you will see the Google places top ten list. Just click on a clinic and you can find some amazing reviews on the Chiropractor you are thinking of seeing.
4. The Warning Signs!
You need to know a couple of more things before walking into a Chiropractic office!
These are some of the “danger signs”, if your Telford Chiropractor exhibits them, you may want to avoid this doctor:
*Avoid a Chiropractor who merely touches your back or neck to determine if you should have an adjustment. There are many analytical ways to measure this with instrumentation and diagnostic means. If he is simply working on you every time you visit his office, you may be questioning how does he know when I am in place or out of place? Well if he is simply using his hands to determine this, he is probably missing a great deal of information as to how your nervous system is functioning. Find a Telford Chiropractor that has a analytical way to determine this, if it is a good way it should make sense to you and he should be able to show you the checks before and you should be able to see for yourself how they change after!
*Avoid a Chiropractor that forces you to sign a long-term treatment contract. This is a great way to save money, if YOU choose. Do not be forced into doing anything that you are not comfortable with. Chiropractic is very safe, but you have no reason to be tied to a particular chiropractor for any long-term period of time unless your condition requires it. In my office we have many care options that will suit the patient’s needs first and foremost!
- Avoid a Chiropractor that attempts to discourage you from preventative treatments and health benefits outside of Chiropractic Care, such as adequate nutrition and exercise. A Chiropractor that is looking out for you, he should at least be open to the possible means of caring for your health condition.
- Avoid a Chiropractor that is making outrageous claims that you realize are not feasible or who attempts to scare you into a treatment plan. We believe the patient should be given the respect of the proper information on their case, not amplifying the case and trying to scare them into doing what is not best for their health needs.
These are a few tell-tale signs that your Chiropractor is more concerned of his pocket book, then the patient’s welfare.
5. Look for a Good Speed Of Service!
When I first got into practice, I used to spend way to long with my new patients. It seemed to me that good service meant lengthy service.
My patients have taught me that I was very wrong! One patient said, “If you wouldn’t mind speeding things up a bit, I will be able to come into the office when I need to.” That was an eye opener! This was the moment I realized why banks and place like Starbucks really move quick to help their clients. I now see that people also wish to get in and out of their doctors visits in a timely fashion.
From that day forth, when it is possible, I strive to not hold my chiropractic patients in the office a second longer then they need for proper and complete care. Since then I have been told many times how much my patients appreciate my efforts to making their visits as smooth with as little waiting as possible.
Telford Chiropractors: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
There are very few things that beat coming out of your chiropractor's office feeling great and well balanced. It relieves aches and pains, reduces stress, and can even boost your immune system. As with any doctor or medical practice, there are people who lack proper training or do not hold a valid license to practice their craft. By using one of these unqualified and unskilled 'doctors', you are putting your health and possibly your life at risk.
So, what should you look for when choosing a chiropractor? There are several questions you should ask before he/she treats you.
The very first step is to get a referral from your primary physician and/or several positive referrals from friends and/or family about a specific chiropractor. If multiple people you know recommend a specific doctor, then you are more likely to seek out his/her services. Also, your primary physician has ties to the medical community. Your doctor is able to recommend a specific chiropractor that will meet your specific medical needs. Even with these recommendations from people you trust, you still need to do some research on your own and ask him/her any questions you might have before receiving any treatment.
If you do not know anyone who has used a chiropractor or your primary physician can not recommend one, go to the American Chiropractic Association website (or search for the Chiropractic Association in your country). There you will find valuable information along with a database you can search to find a qualified and licensed chiropractor that is right for you.Once you have found one, here are some questions that you should ask either before on at your initial visit:
1. Ask about their education, experience, and what (if any) they specialize in.
2. Ask about any and all services they provide
3. Ask if they accept your insurance and what forms of payment are available.
4. Ask if they are willing to refer you to a specialist if necessary.
5. Ask if they will work in concert with your primary care physician.
6. Ask about their treatment goals.
7. Finally, ask any other questions you might have. It is good to make a list before meeting with him/her.
It is very important to know what the 'red flags' are when finding a qualified chiropractor. Here are a few things you should look out for:
1. Avoid doctors that ask for a lump sum payment for extended, long-term, or lifetime care.
2. Avoid signing any long-term treatment contracts. You should be able to either continue or terminate your care with any doctor.
3. Avoid doctors that highly recommend or require multiple weekly treatment sessions for an extended period of time. Unless your primary care physician or your specialist recommends this kind of treatment, it is not necessary to have several sessions on a weekly and long term basis.
4. Avoid chiropractors who encourage you to get preventive treatments/adjustments. There is absolutely no need for preventive adjustments. You only need treatment if your primary care physician or specialist recommends it along with a schedule of how many sessions you should need.
5. Avoid chiropractors that highly discourage you from seeking preventive treatments outside of their practice (immunization, herbal treatments, etc.). Your health and treatment/recovery from your disease or condition should be paramount, and any or all treatment options should be encouraged even if the treatment plan is outside of their chiropractic clinic.
6. Avoid any chiropractic clinic that prescribes any form of supplemental drugs, including any herbal/homeopathic supplements, to use in conjunction with the standard treatments they give you. They are not qualified to do so. If they feel you need medication, they should be working with your primary care physician/specialist and they can recommend a medicinal treatment plan with your doctor. Only a physician or dietitian can prescribe supplements and/or medications to you.
7. Avoid any Chiropractor that gives you any information, 'special secret' that no one else knows about, or claim/cure for your condition that seems too good to be true. We all know the saying 'if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is'.
8. Last but not least, avoid all chiropractors who use scare tactics just to get your business. This is a huge indicator that he/she is only interested in your money and not your health. If your condition is serious enough, your physician will either educate you and present treatment plans that are available to you or refer you to a specialist.
When you are making a decision about your health and well being, there is no harm or shame in walking away from a potentially dangerous medical practice (no matter if it is a general physician or chiropractor). You only have one body and one shot at life. There is no need to take unnecessary risks. Have your physician working closely with your chiropractor. This will ensure that you are getting the most effective treatment possible.
Tips and Good Advice From Your Local Chiropractor
At the Chiropractor, shoulder pain when lifting your arm is a very common complaint. Many of our patients often come to the clinic saying 'I don't know what I did, I was just lifting the groceries from the car, when I felt a searing sharp pain in my shoulder.' These are classic symptoms when tearing the ligaments in the shoulder joint, a process that is not only debilitating and very slow to heal, but also interferes with your daily routine and disturbs your sleep.
Naturally when the pain from this injury interferes with your sleep pattern and your daily life, you very soon find yourself at the chiropractor seeking chronic neck and shoulder pain treatment.
What is a 'Chiropractor' and what do they really do? you may ask. Wikipedia explains it as a treatment technique, a form of alternative medicine that emphasizes diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
In other words it deals with finding out exactly how this pain affects you, where it's located and then with the use of a specialized treatment program, over perhaps a longer period, it both heals the injury and also prevents it from reoccurring. Remember we have to look at what caused the damage in the first place and analyze the condition that made it possible for it to happen. Perhaps the way you do things or the techniques you use, could be changed a little and thereby preventing it from happening again.
Like lower back pain for instance, if I where to tell you about a friend who constantly lifts heavy boxes on his truck and by doing so experience severe lower back pain. Would you not suggest to me that he should bend his knees? So by altering the normal pattern of his life style in a small way, he may never experienced lower back pain again.
Treatment also includes exercise and health and lifestyle counseling. The reason being that it is of no use to alter the technique of the lifting process, if the person never does any exercise, because the body simply isn't strong enough to handle the load placed on the joints. Regular exercise is of major importance to grow the strength needed to actually handle the loads in the first place.
Finally lets look at another vital element in good health, our diet, yes like everything else it doesn't matter if you have this beautiful and very strong vehicle if the gas you run it on is not the right kind. In a combustion engine, seals would start to blow, gaskets would leak and eventually the engine would overheat and everything would stop working.
Your body is exactly like that. You need to look at the ingredients that you put into 'your engine' and check if they are of the right kind. Lets assume for this example that we only ever drank Rum or Vodka every day and nothing else. 'That is obvious' you would say and you would be totally right. Very soon the body would 'conk out', however mostly we do give our body the right food, the right fuel, however could we perhaps 'turbo Boost' our body for optimal performance simply by including some extra nutrients?
I am of course referring to the life-giving, ultra performing vitamins, that our bodies so badly crave and so rarely get because of the depletion of natural trace elements in our soils. Yes science has found a way to reconstitute our fertilisers for greatest gain, but left out the vital production of trace elements in our produce. Trace element are needed to allow the absorption into our body of the vital vitamins that our body need and without them (trace elements) the body simply can't take in the vitamins, even though you consume them everyday.
'I eat a lot of vegetables' you might say, exactly and as explained these vegetables grown in less than perfect soils is missing 'the vital ingredients' that makes absorption into your body of vitamin possible. Trace minerals like zinc,manganese,copper,sulfur and selenium. Finally you need a goodly supply of vitamins, like vitamin C and B complex. For example without enough vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), you can't make glutathione, a powerful antioxidant enzyme needed in your body to control cholesterol.
Having a fine tune machine (Body) alleviates many possible injuries and prevents perhaps many month of being laid up in bed. So maybe it time to ask yourself