Would you love the benefits and rehabilitative capabilities of this type of this alternative health care? With the growing population in America turning to Chiropractors for their Natural Health services you may be wondering how to pick the best Chiropractic office to “fit” you! For future Chiropractic patients, it is so vital to understand the proper guidelines for choosing the right Harleysville Chiropractic Doctor.
I want to share with you the top 5 things you as a future Chiropractic patient should be looking for.
1. The Chiropractor should RESPECT THE PATIENTS TIME!
Have you ever had the experience of showing up on time for a previously scheduled appointment only to find yourself waiting…and waiting…and waiting…for the doctor? We both know how frustrating this can be! In my own opinion this is unacceptable. Of course, things can go wrong in an office, and at times life can jump out at you and throw out unexpected ups and downs. This is the time however to inform the patient that you are running late. In this type of case, I always inform my patients that I am running late and give them the option to reschedule.
The main point here of course is to prevent it from happening in the first place! No person loves waiting! Right? So when you choose a Harleysville Chiropractor, make sure you are dealing with a doctor who respects the patient’s time as much as his own. In our busy lives, we are all so pressed for time, it is here when it is a comfort knowing that your Chiropractor values and respects your time too!
2. Your Chiropractor should respect your WELL BEING!
When you have something in your health that is clearly wrong and needs to be corrected, it is so important that you are dealing with a Harleysville Chiropractic Clinic who will tell it to you straight. This is the time that you need a straight shooter. I once went to a dentist who was very nice, but he found some things wrong with me teeth and just seemed too timid to tell me the real extent of the problem. I would much rather a doctor tells me so I can determine and understand all my possible options.
When a patient sees me in my clinic, I promise to respect their well being. This means first and foremost a detailed exam for the patient so we can fully understand the extent of your problem. After that detailed exam, you can trust that I will give it to you straight and leave it up to you to decide how you wish to proceed. Don’t just walk away from a practitioner who will not give you the full report, run. You need to know your options in plain English. If you did not fully catch what was going on, he should be more than happy to help you understand your problem better. When it comes to your pain, to your health, you need solutions and straight conversation. That is one of the first secrets to getting better fast.
3. Try to find Recommendations and Referrals!
In the perfect world, someone telling you of a trusted Chiropractor is the place to start your search for a good Chiropractor. This is not always possible I realize. There are many other ways to find reviews however.
The second best option as mentioned above is to ask your doctor for reviews or letters of recommendation. Often times these types of things will be posted on his or her website. There are multiple other online review sources, such as Google places. If you are looking to find this, just Harleysville Chiropractic or Harleysville Chiropractor and you will see the Google places top ten list. Just click on a clinic and you can find some amazing reviews on the Chiropractor you are thinking of seeing.
4. The Warning Signs!
You need to know a couple of more things before walking into a Chiropractic office!
These are some of the “danger signs”, if your Harleysville Chiropractor exhibits them, you may want to avoid this doctor:
*Avoid a Chiropractor who merely touches your back or neck to determine if you should have an adjustment. There are many analytical ways to measure this with instrumentation and diagnostic means. If he is simply working on you every time you visit his office, you may be questioning how does he know when I am in place or out of place? Well if he is simply using his hands to determine this, he is probably missing a great deal of information as to how your nervous system is functioning. Find a Harleysville Chiropractor that has a analytical way to determine this, if it is a good way it should make sense to you and he should be able to show you the checks before and you should be able to see for yourself how they change after!
*Avoid a Chiropractor that forces you to sign a long-term treatment contract. This is a great way to save money, if YOU choose. Do not be forced into doing anything that you are not comfortable with. Chiropractic is very safe, but you have no reason to be tied to a particular chiropractor for any long-term period of time unless your condition requires it. In my office we have many care options that will suit the patient’s needs first and foremost!
- Avoid a Chiropractor that attempts to discourage you from preventative treatments and health benefits outside of Chiropractic Care, such as adequate nutrition and exercise. A Chiropractor that is looking out for you, he should at least be open to the possible means of caring for your health condition.
- Avoid a Chiropractor that is making outrageous claims that you realize are not feasible or who attempts to scare you into a treatment plan. We believe the patient should be given the respect of the proper information on their case, not amplifying the case and trying to scare them into doing what is not best for their health needs.
These are a few tell-tale signs that your Chiropractor is more concerned of his pocket book, then the patient’s welfare.
5. Look for a Good Speed Of Service!
When I first got into practice, I used to spend way to long with my new patients. It seemed to me that good service meant lengthy service.
My patients have taught me that I was very wrong! One patient said, “If you wouldn’t mind speeding things up a bit, I will be able to come into the office when I need to.” That was an eye opener! This was the moment I realized why banks and place like Starbucks really move quick to help their clients. I now see that people also wish to get in and out of their doctors visits in a timely fashion.
From that day forth, when it is possible, I strive to not hold my chiropractic patients in the office a second longer then they need for proper and complete care. Since then I have been told many times how much my patients appreciate my efforts to making their visits as smooth with as little waiting as possible.
Harleysville Chiropractors: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
There are very few things that beat coming out of your chiropractor's office feeling great and well balanced. It relieves aches and pains, reduces stress, and can even boost your immune system. As with any doctor or medical practice, there are people who lack proper training or do not hold a valid license to practice their craft. By using one of these unqualified and unskilled 'doctors', you are putting your health and possibly your life at risk.
So, what should you look for when choosing a chiropractor? There are several questions you should ask before he/she treats you.
The very first step is to get a referral from your primary physician and/or several positive referrals from friends and/or family about a specific chiropractor. If multiple people you know recommend a specific doctor, then you are more likely to seek out his/her services. Also, your primary physician has ties to the medical community. Your doctor is able to recommend a specific chiropractor that will meet your specific medical needs. Even with these recommendations from people you trust, you still need to do some research on your own and ask him/her any questions you might have before receiving any treatment.
If you do not know anyone who has used a chiropractor or your primary physician can not recommend one, go to the American Chiropractic Association website (or search for the Chiropractic Association in your country). There you will find valuable information along with a database you can search to find a qualified and licensed chiropractor that is right for you.Once you have found one, here are some questions that you should ask either before on at your initial visit:
1. Ask about their education, experience, and what (if any) they specialize in.
2. Ask about any and all services they provide
3. Ask if they accept your insurance and what forms of payment are available.
4. Ask if they are willing to refer you to a specialist if necessary.
5. Ask if they will work in concert with your primary care physician.
6. Ask about their treatment goals.
7. Finally, ask any other questions you might have. It is good to make a list before meeting with him/her.
It is very important to know what the 'red flags' are when finding a qualified chiropractor. Here are a few things you should look out for:
1. Avoid doctors that ask for a lump sum payment for extended, long-term, or lifetime care.
2. Avoid signing any long-term treatment contracts. You should be able to either continue or terminate your care with any doctor.
3. Avoid doctors that highly recommend or require multiple weekly treatment sessions for an extended period of time. Unless your primary care physician or your specialist recommends this kind of treatment, it is not necessary to have several sessions on a weekly and long term basis.
4. Avoid chiropractors who encourage you to get preventive treatments/adjustments. There is absolutely no need for preventive adjustments. You only need treatment if your primary care physician or specialist recommends it along with a schedule of how many sessions you should need.
5. Avoid chiropractors that highly discourage you from seeking preventive treatments outside of their practice (immunization, herbal treatments, etc.). Your health and treatment/recovery from your disease or condition should be paramount, and any or all treatment options should be encouraged even if the treatment plan is outside of their chiropractic clinic.
6. Avoid any chiropractic clinic that prescribes any form of supplemental drugs, including any herbal/homeopathic supplements, to use in conjunction with the standard treatments they give you. They are not qualified to do so. If they feel you need medication, they should be working with your primary care physician/specialist and they can recommend a medicinal treatment plan with your doctor. Only a physician or dietitian can prescribe supplements and/or medications to you.
7. Avoid any Chiropractor that gives you any information, 'special secret' that no one else knows about, or claim/cure for your condition that seems too good to be true. We all know the saying 'if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is'.
8. Last but not least, avoid all chiropractors who use scare tactics just to get your business. This is a huge indicator that he/she is only interested in your money and not your health. If your condition is serious enough, your physician will either educate you and present treatment plans that are available to you or refer you to a specialist.
When you are making a decision about your health and well being, there is no harm or shame in walking away from a potentially dangerous medical practice (no matter if it is a general physician or chiropractor). You only have one body and one shot at life. There is no need to take unnecessary risks. Have your physician working closely with your chiropractor. This will ensure that you are getting the most effective treatment possible.
Chiropractor Discusses Causes of Neck Pain
In order to relieve most health conditions, you have to be ready to dig deeper than the initial discomfort or complaint. A frequent headache in the same area or lower back pain cannot always be remedied by a Tylenol here or there or simply reduced to stress or old age. Many people overlook the fact that the skeletal structure in correspondence to nerve endings and muscle placement have a profound effect on a person's functionality in everyday life. Chiropractic treatment is a method that has been commonly used to reduce conditions cause by the misalignment of our body frames.
If you have ever been in a car accident, worked a physically stressful job or simply toted around a overloaded shoulder bag for a prolonged period of time, you might be in need of a consultation at a chiropractic clinic. Most people come in suffering from ailments such as back pain, neck pain, sciatica, whiplash and various other conditions. The core of chiropractic treatment is to assist the body in healing itself. The technology used when you are given your initial exam includes X-rays and a thermal scan to detect never interference. Once the cause of your condition is pinpointed the chiropractic treatment may begin to help correct the issue.
Dating back to 1895, chiropractic treatment was found by D.D. Palmer. A magnetic healer, Palmer began to practice his chiropractic techniques in Davenport Iowa. Palmer believed that the misalignment of the bones was the underlying root of all disease. A student of science, he was considered a 'drug free' healer of his time. At the time, there was quite a debate about the validity of the chiropractic methods mostly coming from osteopaths. In 1902, with the help of his son he began opening chiropractic schools in multiple states.
The first thing one should know before considering chiropractic therapy is knowing what they are getting into. For some, chiropractic therapy is dismissed completely regardless of the discomfort they may feel. After all the idea of someone crawling on top of you and cracking you bones can seem scary. What is a big misconception about this wellness method is that it is evasive and intense. The truth is that once a person's condition is assessed, there are many methods to aid them such as physical therapy, therapeutic massage and nutritional cleansing along with the use of gentle manipulations.
When selecting a chiropractor, ask around. The best advice is definitely word of mouth when it comes to this choice. If you have family or friends that have had chiropractic work done, they will be able to refer you to a doctor that will make you feel comfortable as well as give you the results desired and the knowledge needed to sustain the progress made in your visits.
There is a stigma that Chiropractors are crooks and in many cases have made the condition of their patients worse by implementing unnecessary adjustments. This could easily happen if the patient was not examined thoroughly before hand. so you will want to take care and do your homework. Another very important aspect of seeking this type of care is to know the state of your health. Poor health maintenance can be a key factor in the discomfort one feels. If you have taken the time to get to know what you body is missing or may need you will be better prepared to give the chiropractor insight on your situation. What physical activities do you engage in? Are you a yogi, body builder, or potato chip eater? There is a wide variety of chiropractic clinics that specialize in different wellness methods from detoxification to acupuncture.
Let's face it, this type of treatment is costly so having it covered by your health insurance is an important factor before making plans to schedule a visit. Years ago, chiropractic treatment was not considered standard medicine and many insurance providers did not cover the 'unorthodox' service. Now more than ever, employers are investing in the health of their employees. With that being said giant corporations such as Costco provide their employees coverage for chiropractic treatment for up to 12 visits per year. One very nice perk to come along with your health benefit package.
Regardless of what you may think or have been told, chiropractic treatment has helped many people get back on their feet whether it be suffering from an injury or correcting a pre-existing condition. Many of those people have learned much about the processes of the body and the correlation of what they may have believed to be unrelated parts of the body with the alignment of spine and corresponding tissue structure. Research and personal knowledge of your own physical health are the key factors in considering this treatment. If you are side swiped by an sweet old lady and the airbag doesn't come out, do not assume you are okay and refuse to see a doctor. If a doctor gives you a referral to a chiropractor, don't rule it out but looking into the treatment with an open mind. Your quality of life is worth the time spent